Thursday, March 4, 2010

Almost Halfway!!!

We had another doctor’s appointment yesterday! It went really well! I got the results back from my blood tests and my baby has a 1 in 90,000 chance of having downs. Good numbers! My iron is up and baby’s heartbeat is strong and healthy. 140 beats per minute! Weight gain, as shocking as the numbers are, is healthy and steady. It’s hard to believe that I have gained 15 pounds in the last 19 weeks!! Gaining that fast and suddenly is really shocking my body! I have a hard time getting up off the couch or out of bed. I make these grunting sounds now, haha! Apparently in the next month, the baby is going to gain about 26 more oz! That’s so fast!! I have a feeling this won’t be comfortable at all. We’ll see!
In other doctor news: I CAN EAT DELI MEATS, INTERNET! This whole time I thought I couldn’t. If I had to rank my cravings, I’d say deli sandwiches are number one… (Closely followed by Flaming Hot Cheetos… haha! Hooray for having prescription heartburn medicine!) At my appointment, I felt guilty because I’ve been eating deli meats like it’s my business (Subway is my secret place to indulge)… and I wanted to know if I should stop. My doctor laughed and said that she wants to slap everyone on the internet who says you can’t eat deli meats or cheeses. YAAY! I can also eat hot dogs apparently! To celebrate, Zachary got me a Polish dog from Costco that night lol! I always want one when we shop at Costco every other week! I was the happiest pregnant lady. Haha!

I’ve been having really bad cramps these past few days. They are like lightening strikes that are super intense for maybe 20 seconds and then it passes. I’m experiencing round ligament pains. My doctor says it should only last about a month. Whoa, it was so weird! At my appointment, my doctor pulled out a tape measurer and was quickly able to measure my uterus… I asked how she knew where the top was so fast… since it was inside me… haha! (I’m sure they get dumb questions like that all the time) She had me feel the top of my uterus and that was just the strangest feeling! It’s currently above my belly button too! Felt like a tight ball got lodged in me haha!

This is my last week of being able to sleep on my back. For a few months, I was under the impression that I HAD to sleep on my side even early on in the pregnancy. Oh man, my hips hurt so bad! My doctor told me last month that I can sleep on my back until the 20th week… NEXT WEEK! AHH! I’ve been trying to train myself to get used to mainly sleeping on my side and even with my fancy-pants maternity pillow, it hurts like hell! I’ve been contemplating utilizing Chiropractic visits, seeing how my doctor said there are lots of benefits to it and my health insurance covers it. The only problem is that I would have to travel pretty far to get to a doctor that is within my HMO group plan. I’m going to see if they have weekend appointments. That would be ideal. I just feel guilty taking company time to go get my spine realigned and a massage. Haha! I’m going to have to start using a heating pad on my hips and back too. I’m not really a big bath person, or else a warm bath would help. We’ll see how bad I suffer.

Last week I felt the first “flutterings” of Little Guy in my belly! He mainly likes to wiggle at night when I’m really relaxed. It could also be that I’m calmed down enough to really focus and feel what is happening. I can’t wait till Zachary can feel the movements! It will be very special indeed. In 14 days (!!) we will find out if Little Guy is actually… a little guy. Haha! I can’t wait! My last ultrasound before we meet our baby! I can’t believe I’m nearly 5 months pregnant already! Where did the time go?? Who knew such an uncomfortable process could fly by so fast!

Can't wait for this:

No comments:

Post a Comment