Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to Basics

I knew I’d like having a studio space but I had no idea it would be so liberating! It’s nice having a place that is completely separate of my home where I can work, be messy, listen to music loudly, and not have to really worry about anything. I hadn’t realized how much I work with toxic materials so it is wonderful to be able to work freely with any material I want and not have to worry about killing off my family. I moved into my studio New Year’s Eve day and have only spent a few hours there, but I’m already in love. Now I have the daunting task of unpacking! I think it’ll take me a weekend to get everything set up the way I want it… but well worth my time and effort. Will post pictures once I’m all set up! Can’t wait to start working on my first piece!


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see either! I'd love to know what you are starting on? Qre you starting from your maquettes or something completely different?

    ReplyDelete