Monday, January 17, 2011

Progress


Here are some progress pictures from my studio work this week. I really feel that being as busy as I am with Brody (who’s almost 6 months old!!), working full-time, and trying to get some rest here and there… I’m more productive than I ever have been in my studio work because I’m gifted with very few hours to work. Since I have to drive to the studio, I have to commit to going and make sure I’m productive while there or else its not worth taking away from resting or being with Brody. I find that I am working faster and more deliberately than I ever have. There’s certain urgency in my making. A part of me feels I’m trying to prove myself to those around me… to prove that even though I am a mother now, I can still make… I’m still an artist and I can still develop my career if I’m determined enough.  I now dedicate approximately 15 hours a week towards studio time and an additional 4 hours a week towards updating my website, blogging, documenting, and applying to shows. I feel like I have three full-time jobs!! Even though I’m exhausted come the weekends, its all worth it because I feel like I’m having my cake and eating it too. I get to see Brody as much as I normally would with the exception of a few hours on the weekend (special daddy hours). I work when Brody sleeps… am fueled by caffeine all day long… and crash at night for a few hours of broken sleep. These pictures show progress that I am damn proud of. It’s proof if not to anyone but myself that I’m doing it all and won’t settle for less.










No comments:

Post a Comment