Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reading! And Baby Pictures!

Do you like how I lured you in with promises of baby pictures in the title? A small token of my appreciation for those who are reading my modest little blog.
Micromanaging my schedule has really helped me stay focused on being productive after I get home from work. I’ve decided I have to take it another step further. My schedule used to be the following:
Monday, Wednesdays, Fridays are dedicated towards reading, website revamping, and blogging.

Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays are for studio time.

Now that I’ve been doing this (tiring) schedule for a while now, I’ve come to realize that I need to designate what I DO on my Monday’s, Wednesday’s, and Fridays…. Or those days just get lost.

Wednesdays are now designated “READING” days. Once Brody goes to sleep at 7pm… I won’t watch TV or go on the computer at all. I will take a shower… grab a beer… and read… SOMETHING! This way, reading is always on the docket and is given a higher priority than it’s ever had in my life. I really do like reading, but I always think about what else I COULD be or SHOULD be doing… then my mind wanders. If I tell myself that Wednesdays are for reading… then I won’t think those thoughts because…. Wednesdays are for reading!!

Time for BABY PICTURES!! I could stare at this boy forever...


1 comment: